- This is the warm-up lap. Hold your computer mouse as usual and travel around the track.
- Move the mouse right and the cursor goes right. That's pretty natural.
- Push your mouse away and the cursor moves up. Maybe that's not quite so obvious....
- Hold your mouse upside down, with the tail pointing toward you.
- Try the race again. But now right is left and up is down.
- What happens to your time? Do you think an astronomer might do better?
- Hold your mouse sideways, so the tail points right or left.
- Now up and down get mixed up with side-to-side. (Can you even get to the start zone?)
- Why do you end up moving in circles so much?
- Does it make a difference whether the tail points right or left?