The !DEA GALLERY: Where art meets science. See what inspires you when you engage with art installations by creative young people.
Part of the Weston Family Innovation Centre, the !DEA GALLERY provides the opportunity for talented young and emerging artists and researchers to display innovative projects that blur traditional boundaries between art, science, design and technology.
!DEA GALLERY has an open call for high-calibre individual or group submissions from high school, undergraduate and postgraduate students!
Interested in exhibiting in the !dea Gallery? Please contact us
Game Changer (April 20 — Sept. 29, 2013)
Overview of the Space
The !Dea Gallery is situated in the Weston Family Innovation Centre. The Gallery has a large format projection system above the Gallery which is available to the exhibiting artist. The dimensions of the Gallery are approximately 12.3 m in length, 3.5 m in width.
- North side of the Gallery is 2.44 m high, lit with a row of halogen spotlights running down the railing
- South side of the Gallery is 3.33 m. high with a full ceiling lighting grid
- One small display case, 0.8 m wide and 0.4 m deep at the north entrance
- Five Plexi-glass wall panes 2.34 m high and 1.07 m wide
- An L shaped cabinet with 2.48 x 4.90 m and 2.48 x 2.40 m windows
- Equipment includes a 1.5 m wide TV embedded in the wall
- Several smaller mobile monitors that can be utilized through the central multiplayer system or with computers locally
- An optional digital projection system with suspended 1.50 m double-sided screen
Download pdf of the space
More about the !DEA GALLERY
A very important characteristic of the Idea Gallery is that young people are continuously and profoundly involved in all aspects of running the Gallery.
Thank you to interns and volunteers who have been involved so far:
- Eric Ganton, David and Mary Thompson C.I.
- Rachelle Shelkey, Confederation College
- Katherine Zee, Dr. Norman Bethune C.I
- Fayruz Abdiaman, George S. Henry Academy
- Lakshine Sathiyanathan, Sir Wilfrid Laurier C.I.
- Evan Johnston, Woburn C.I.
- Hayley Fromstein, Northern S.S.
- Michael Hemi, Newtonbrook S.S.
- Ross Zevenhuizen, Danforth C. & T.I.
- Andy Ma, David and Mary Thompson C.I.
- John Michael Aguilar, St. Patrick C.S.S.
- Elizabeth Pignataro, Sheridan College
- Tony Kwon, Silverthorn C.I.
- Lisa Han, A.Y. Jackson S.S.
- Jake Kalbhenn, Cardinal Newman C.S.S.
- Nicole Gonsalves, Cardinal Newman C.S.S.
- Kelly Faria, St Patrick C.S.S.
- Jordan Combden, L'Amoreaux S.S.
- Melissa Nguyen, Danforth S.S.
- Jacqueline Wong, Loretto Abbey C.S.S.
- Alex Han, Earl Haig S.S.
- Jason VanderVennen, Ursula Franklin S.S.
- Naser Awas, Marc Garneau C.I.
- Dominic Bui, Jean Vanier C.S.S.
- Ariel Morales, Cardinal Newman C.S.S.
- Justin Fok, TDSB Summer School
- Michael Fung, TDSB Summer School
- Rahul Kapoor, Sheridan /York University
- Bryn Ludlow, OCAD
- Erin Hueston, Sheridan Institute of Technology
- Kim Hughes, Sheridan Institute of Technology
- Tony Linka, Sheridan Institute of Technology
- Maurice I. Tanudarta, Sheridan Institute of Technology
- Tyler Doupe , Sheridan Institute of Technology
- David Dryburgh, Sheridan Institute of Technology
- Nicole Fernandes, Cardinal Newman C.S.S.
- Justin Robshaw, OCAD alumnus
- Thushara Francis, Marc Garneau C.I.