One of the Ontario Science Centre’s key goals is to unlock the creativity and inquisitive capacity of our visitors. We have been inspiring the minds of people of all ages for decades. This happens in a wide variety of ways, from the easily recognizable to the quite subtle. Here is a short overview of some of the main programs and experiences created specifically to inspire minds.
- Interactions with hosts: Our white-coated hosts patrol the floor, ready to unveil thought-provoking demonstrations, regular workshops, and overall make your trip to the Science Centre as rewarding and memorable as possible.
- Science School: Our Science School invites students to gain University Preparation science credits during an enriched semester inside the Ontario Science Centre. http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/oscschool
- School Trips: We are a one-of-a-kind destination for school trips. A wide range of programming opens up the minds of young pupils.
- KidSpark: This is the science playground for inspiring children under the age of eight.
- Weston Family Innovation Centre: Visit our grand hall of hands-on discovery and creation.
- Community Access: We reach out into the community to inspire those who otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity to experience the Science Centre. http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/services
- Sleepovers: How we inspire minds after hours and after dark! http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/sleepovers
- Research Live: This program allows visitors to be involved in actual scientific research. Real science doesn’t just happen in the lab: any Ontario Science Centre visitor can contribute to scientific progress. http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/researchlive
- Summer Day Camp: Four to 14-year-olds discover and explore through themed, hands-on science activities in this unique experience inside the Science Centre. http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/camp