Ontario Science Centre e-News Contest Rules and Regulations
1. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children and persons domiciled with an employee of the Centennial Centre of Science and Technology (Ontario Science Centre) are ineligible to enter. All entries must include your first and last name and email address. Contest closes on September 30, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
2. To enter the Ontario Science Centre e-News Contest simply complete the ballot and drop it in one of the ballot boxes located around the Ontario Science Centre or complete the ballot online.
3. Contest rules are available at the Science Centre Box Office or may be requested by mail (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included).
4. Prize consists of one (1) Ontario Science Centre one-year Planetary Membership per monthly Contest – value of up to $175 each.
5. Qualified entrants will be entered into the Contest within 30 days of ballot submission.
6. Winner will be randomly selected the second Tuesday of each month during the term of the Contest. Chances of winning are based on the number of total eligible entries received. Winner must correctly answer a skill testing question before the prize can be awarded. Names of prize winners may be requested by mail (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included).
7. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold and is not convertible to cash. Ontario Science Centre reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part.
8. Ontario Science Centre acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner by email within five (5) business days after the winner has been selected. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days after the random selection, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Ontario Science Centre. The winner authorizes the Ontario Science Centre to publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence in connection with the Ontario Science Centre’s e-News, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Ontario Science Centre from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as outlined in these Rules, Ontario Science Centre shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and randomly select an alternate potential winner and the Ontario Science Centre shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
9. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Ontario Science Centre with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
1o. All entries become the property of the Ontario Science Centre. By entering this Contest you have given your consent for the Ontario Science Centre to add your information to the e-News distribution list. Entrants are able to unsubscribe from the Ontario Science Centre e-News at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link found in each issue. By unsubscribing to the Ontario Science Centre e-News, entrant will be disqualified from the monthly Contest. The Centennial Centre of Science and Technology’s collection, use and disclosure of entrants’ personal information is carried out in compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.F.31. The Centennial Centre of Science and Technology will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by them to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by law. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information as set out The Centennial Centre of Science and Technology’s Privacy Statement located at: http://www.gov.on.ca/ont/portal/!ut/p/.cmd/cs/.ce/7_0_A/.s/7_0_252/_s.7_0_A/7_0_252/_l/en?docid=004228.
Any inquiry concerning the personal information held and used by The Centennial Centre of Science and Technology should be addressed to: Director of Marketing, The Centennial Centre of Science and Technology, 770 Don Mills Road, Toronto, Ontario, M3C 1T3.
11. The Ontario Science Centre assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. The Ontario Science Centre is not responsible for any typographical, production or distribution errors that may occur during the Contest or in any Contest material. The Ontario Science Centre does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Ontario Science Centre, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Ontario Science Centre reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including cancelling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Ontario Science Centre reserve its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Ontario Science Centre reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Ontario Science Centre in their sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Ontario Science Centre reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Ontario Science Centre shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
12. Eligible entrants are entered for the Contest each month as long as entrant remains subscribed to the Ontario Science Centre e-News.
13. No purchase necessary.
14. Limit of one entry per email address.
15. This Contest is subject to the laws of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada as may be applicable.
16. By entering this Contest you acknowledge these rules and agree to abide by them.