GRAB YOUR SLEEPING BAGS!
Sleepovers have finished for the season. Check back soon for the 2017 theme!
Join us for an extraordinary night of science!
A Sleepover at the Science Centre is a great group event, an unforgettable family outing and a unique indoor camping experience. For almost two decades, we have planned fun-filled, action-packed nights. Our sleepovers have taken you inside the human body, up to outer space, into the laboratories, and much more.
Ontario Science Centre Sleepovers include:
- IMAX Film
- Hands-on Science
- Badge Activities for Guides and Scouts
- Scouts: Science badge
- Guides: Science badge
- Sparks: Exploring and Experimenting
- Cubs: Pack Specialty Badge - Science Games
- Brownies: Key to STEM Special Interest - Science Games
- Exploration of the Science Centre after Dark
- DJ / PJ Dance Party
- Evening Snack and Breakfast
- Good Morning Stretch
- Free Parking
- AND Admission to the Science Centre for the following day too!
Sleeping areas throughout the Ontario Science Centre are assigned by the Sleepover program staff and cannot be selected. Washrooms are readily accessible for changing. Please note that we do not have shower facilities and, in true sleepover fashion, all participants will bunk down on the floor to sleep overnight.
Please note: Most sleeping areas are not carpeted and exhibits are not completely dark due to emergency lighting
Sample Agenda (subject to change)
|5:00 - 6:00 pm||Check-in|
|6:00 - 6:30 pm||Welcome in the Great Hall|
|6:30 - 7:15 pm||IMAX Film|
|7:15 - 10:00 pm||Exhibit Exploration with Activity Stations and Snack|
|10:00 - 10:30 pm||Sleeping Area Orientation|
|10:30 - 11:30 pm||DJ / PJ Dance Party|
|12:00 am||Bedtime - Lights Out!|
|6:45 - 7:00 am||Wake Up|
|7:00 - 8:15 am||Scheduled Breakfast Times|
|7:30 & 8:30 am||Stretch Sessions|
|7:30 - 8:30 am||Exhibit Exploration|
|9:00 am||Sleepover Program Ends|
|10:00 am||Science Centre Re-Opens|
Back to top
- Group Leaders/ Organizers are responsible for supervision of their participants.
- The minimum supervision ratio is one adult, leader or supervisor to eight children.
- The Ontario Science Centre has special emergency procedures and protocols for overnight events. Fire-drill procedures are reviewed with Sleepover participants at the beginning of the night.
- Security staff and Sleepover program staff remain in the building throughout the night.
Toll Free: 1-888-696-1110 (ask for Recreational Programs Office)
Office Hours 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday
24 hour voice mail
Ontario Science Centre
770 Don Mills Road
Toronto, ON M3C 1T3