Join us for an extraordinary night of science!
A Sleepover at the Science Centre is a great group event, an unforgettable family outing and a unique indoor camping experience. For almost two decades, we have planned fun-filled, action-packed nights for you. Our sleepovers have taken you inside the human body, up to outer space, into the laboratories, and much more.
Gear up for a night of fun with physics as you build and test flying and spinning gadgets! Travel to the Island of Lemurs: Madagascar with an IMAX® film that gets up close and personal with gravity-defying lemurs as they jump, dance and sing. Experience the basic laws of motion at the DJ/PJ Party, when it’s your turn to show off your dance moves. Bunk down for the night and before you know it, you’ll be springing into action at our energizing morning stretch.
|Saturday, April 11, 2015||Sparks, Brownies & Guides and all Girl groups (Female chaperones only)|
|Saturday, April 18, 2015||Sparks, Brownies & Guides and all Girl groups (Female chaperones only)|
|Saturday, May 2, 2015||Families, Scouts, Guides and all groups*|
* Open to families, Scouts Canada, Girl Guides of Canada, schools and other recreational groups
Ontario Science Centre Sleepovers include:
- IMAX Film
- Hands-on Science
- Badge Activities for Guides and Scouts
- Exploration of the Science Centre after Dark
- DJ / PJ Dance Party
- Evening Snack and Breakfast
- Good Morning Stretch
- Free Parking
- AND Admission to the Science Centre for the following day too!
Sleeping areas throughout the Ontario Science Centre are assigned by the Sleepover program staff and cannot be selected. Washrooms are readily accessible for changing. Please note that we do not have shower facilities and, in true sleepover fashion, all participants will bunk down on the floor to sleep overnight.
Please note: Most sleeping areas are not carpeted and exhibits are not completely dark due to emergency lighting
Girl Guides of Canada and Scouts Canada Groups will work toward the following badges by participating in the Sleepover:
|SPARKS||Exploring and Experimenting: Additional Activities|
|BROWNIES||Key to STEM Special Interest — Physics|
|CUBS||Pack Specialty Badge — Physics|
|5:00 - 6:00 pm||Check-in|
|6:00 - 6:30 pm||Welcome in the Great Hall|
|6:30 - 7:15 pm||IMAX Film|
|7:15 - 10:00 pm||Exhibit Exploration with Activity Stations and Snack|
|10:00 - 10:30 pm||Sleeping Area Orientation|
|10:30 - 11:30 pm||DJ / PJ Dance Party|
|12:00 am||Bedtime - Lights Out!|
|6:45 - 7:00 am||Wake Up|
|7:00 - 8:15 am||Scheduled Breakfast Times|
|7:30 & 8:30 am||Stretch Sessions|
|7:30 - 8:30 am||Exhibit Exploration|
|9:00 am||Sleepover Program Ends|
|10:00 am||Science Centre Re-Opens|
- Group Leaders/ Organizers are responsible for supervision of their participants.
- The minimum supervision ratio is one adult, leader or supervisor to eight children.
- The Ontario Science Centre has special emergency procedures and protocols for overnight events. Fire-drill procedures are reviewed with Sleepover participants at the beginning of the night.
- Security staff and Sleepover program staff remain in the building throughout the night.
$59/participant for Ontario Science Centre Members* and groups of 10 or more paying participants.
Groups of any size may register for a Sleepover. All groups or families must have at least one adult (19+ years old) and meet the supervision ratio of one adult to eight children.
Price includes all applicable taxes. Additional coupons and/or passes do not apply. The Sleepover program is offered as a complete package only. No program substitutions. Sleepover dates, agenda, film, policies, price and program contents are subject to change without notice.
Fees are waived for Support Persons accompanying Sleepover participants with disabilities. Call our Recreational Programs Office, Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4 pm, at 416-696-3256 for more information about booking your Support Person(s).
*To Qualify for Ontario Science Centre Member’s Discount:
- The person booking the Sleepover must hold a current Gold or Silver "For Us" Ontario Science Centre Membership that includes children.
- The membership must be valid on the date the Ontario Science Centre receives Birthday Party booking.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Cancellations are processed according to the schedule below:
16 days or more
15 days or less
Refunds are made payable only to the group, care of the group’s organizer. We reserve the right to cancel any Sleepover, with a full refund.
Members and groups of 1-9 people, book online here!
Groups of 10 or more must book by phone to access discounted pricing.
Full payment by credit card (MC, Visa or AMEX) required at time of booking.
Call our Recreational Programs Office, Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4 pm, at 416-696-3256 with your booking information and credit card payment.
Book early to avoid disappointment. Due to the popularity of Sleepovers, most nights fill to capacity. Adding extra participants to a confirmed registration is subject to availability.
Vital Information Package
Download Sleepover Vital Information Package
Within three (3) business days of booking, you will be emailed a confirmation letter (PDF) containing a link to download your detailed Sleepover package. If you do not receive your confirmation letter, contact our Recreational Programs Office at 416-696-3256 Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm or by email us at RecreationalPrograms@OntarioScienceCentre.ca.
- Call the Recreational Programs Office at 416-696-3256.
- Provide your reference number and the number of infants, children, youths and/ or adults you wish to increase or decrease.
- To add participants, provide a credit card number with expiry date for payment.
- If your decrease in numbers qualifies for a refund, the amount owing will be refunded to the credit card on file for your booking.
Requests to increase your participant numbers will be accepted up to 3 days prior to the date of your Sleepover and are subject to availability.
Requests to decrease your participant numbers will be accepted with a full refund up to 16 days prior to the date of your Sleepover. As there are no refunds less than 15 days prior to your Sleepover, we recommend that you find substitute participants for your unallocated spots.
Back to top
Toll Free: 1-888-696-1110 (ask for Recreational Programs Office)
Office Hours 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday
24 hour voice mail
Ontario Science Centre
770 Don Mills Road
Toronto, ON M3C 1T3